View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 3:54 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Matt-The Jolly Joker 
Hangaround

Post Matt-The Jolly Joker
Hello!
My name is Matt, and id like to apply to Evil Eye for raiding. I have multiple lvl 85 chars, but i cant decide wich i like the most, so its up to you guys wich u chose as main in case if you accept me on trial. Ill give link to my most favored chars, dk, hunter, shaman, but also have prot/holy paladin(both fl ready gear,but can be improved via dailies), rogue (not raid ready) and a warrior for pvp(but also can be geared for raiding if needed).

Character Name:
Fulmino, Krakenheart, Coldhands

Age, sex and nationality:

Ill be 25 in november, im a hungarian male human (gonna be soon undead cuz of hard working:) )

Playing times, how many raids will you be able to make on a weekly basis and how much do you play besides that:
According to official raid times, i am available for all raids. Besides that, im doing molten front dailies, some hc-s for valor cap, and some pvp aswell. Planing to finish in top in 2v2 or rated bgs with my dk.

Class and Race:
Fulmino is an orc shaman, Krakenheart is a troll hunter, Coldhands an orc death knight.

Current talentbuild. We would like to know about your offcpecc too:
Shaman: main spec is elemental atm, has enhancement off, but also can go resto without problem, got gear for all 3 specs.
Hunter is mm for main, bm for fight where we must move a lot.
Dk has currently unholy spec for pve, blood for pvp, also can fill blood tank in pve, got gear for these 3 specs.

Expected Future talentbuilds:
Currently i dont have any plans for changing specs, but specific bosses might need minor changes in talents.

Is there anything you are particularly good at or particularly bad at:
Shaman:good interrupting, good burst dmg, very good mobility, kiting well, cc-ing well, good aoe dmg when have to aoe for longer period, but weak on adds with low hp (like at chogall, bethtilac).
Hunter: fair mobility with mm, good with bm. Interrupting is limited against bosses, but can, good dps, good at traping, good at heavy burst aoe (both spec). Sometimes having aggro issues, even double fd isnt enough.
Dk: good single target and aoe dmg, also good at interrupting. While tanking, i preform better at bosses, while tanking adds im more exposed to dmg then other tanks. No problem with aggro holding.

Armory link and gear in case you didn't log out in raiding gear, this also includes different gear sets for different purposes (dps/heal/tank etc).
The armory links:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... o/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... t/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... s/advanced

I will logg out in any gear you ask me.

Tell us about why you composed your gear like this, we would like to see an understanding of the basic theorycrafting behind it:

About gearing, geming,reforging:
General thing at dps roles: hit cap comes first, with expertise of 26 at melee classes, then the rest of the secondary stats. Armory might show some cases - of one stat, then on the other hand + of that stat. That is a result of balancing, trying to keep hit ratings as close to cap as possible, pref minimal over it. At other stats they might be a result of balancing the secondary stats.
In my calculations at geming, i use 1 primary stat = 2 secondary, so where i dont loose more then i gain with the socket bonus, i fit the correct color.

Shaman:
elemental: according to several forums, like EJ, mastery and haste are equally best in secondary stats, crit is under them. I try to keep balance between these 2 stats, but im favoring mastery a bit, cuz haste burns mana aswell (but never had mana issues on bosses, only heavy aoe makes me run out of mana).
resto: after the crit buff in 4.2 and with the talent ancestral healing, i started to favor crit after haste for healing. While mastery isnt a bad one for shams, its very situational. On chimera, its avesome, but on most of the bosses, cannot use the full benefit of the mastery.
enhancement: im going for mastery, simply its the most dps gain.
Hunter: the gear is optimized for mm, using it on most of the bosses. The balancing of the mm hunter secondary stats is a bit boring thing, i dont want to bother you, made it hit capped, bit over a haste breakpoint( over cuz of latency), then forged towards crit, since its the best currently.
Death Knight:
unholy: hit and expertise capped, then forged for haste>mastery>crit.
blood: first of all, i forged down all hit and expertise i could, since the removal of parry hastened hit. That might result missing death strike hits, but had never problem with it so far, can handle low hp situations many other way. The secondary stats are forget towards mastery, absorbing is simply great,no overhealing. I found that geming dk for stam is still better, ot at least fits my style more, becouse stamina scales better, and affects almost every of my tanking skills, at least via vengence. Results bigger heals from worms,rune tap,death strike,vampiric blood.Also boosts vengence a lot, since dks have less armor compared to other tanks, taking more dmg, wich returns in bigger vengence ap gains. This neglects the effect of the missed heart strikes and death strike(as i already mentioned, hit and expertise is forged away).

Post a picture of your UI (We want to see how your interface looks while you're raiding): (photobucket is free)
Guys, im sorry, cant do it at the moment, im in the office. If you stick with it, ill do it at home. Can list the addons im using while raids: dbm and bigwiggs, healbot,decursive, elementalist. Im using the built in aggro meter, never had a use of omen in cata raiding. I prefer to keep clean my screen of any unnesesary addons, to have better sight at the fights, to get out fast from aoes, spot adds, and so on.

Professions, why did you choose those:
Shaman: tailoring/enchanting. These go in pair. Picked those in lk, when there was not so good back enchants for casters.
Hunter: skinning/leather working: Lw offered a good bracer enchant, while skinning supports lw. The crit from skinning aint the best i could have, i know, there is a gold issue behind this, and also connected with the dk-s professions.
Death Knight: Jewelcrafting/leather working: 3 extra stamina from jc only gems compared to other professions. Compared to 50 dodge and 40 stamina on bracer, 195 stamina is way better for my tanking concept. The strg enchant offers the same gains as other profs.

Raiding experience in Cataclysm, including class and raid role:
Tanked and dps-ed in early cataclism with dk, then tanked and healed with paladin. After finishing content (exept for Alakir) and some guild switching, i started to play my hunter, killing all again exept for alakir. Got some hc10 man kills with that char, Maloriak, Atramedes, 2% wipe on Chimaeron, and Magmaw. With the shaman, healed and dps-ed in Bwd and Bot, killed Shanox in 10 man normal as dps.

Raiding experience in Wrath of the Lich King, including class and raid role:
I started with my hunter in Naxxramas and Ulduar. Then i had few months break, returning to wow at Icc. Started it with my dk as dps, soon turning to tank. Reached 10/12 in 25 man hard modes. Meanwhile started to heal Icc with my shaman, dps-ed a little (like Saurfang where less healer were needed).

Raiding experience in The Burning Crusade, including class and raid role:
Fury warrior was my main, from Karazhan, started Bt and Sunwell, never finished any. In late BC, i started to tank with warrior, and elem dps with shaman.

Raiding experience in Vanilla wow if any, including class and raid role:

none, exept for some retro raiding for achies, started wow after bc

Combat Log links (World of Logs, WWS, etc):
never used any of these sites, sry

Guild history, which guilds have you been in, why did you leave them:
Sry if i skip some, been playing wow for a while, memories fade sometimes.
Started to raid in bc in Soldiers of the Horde. Had some trouble with one of the officers sister... Vexillum was the next, till early LK. Left the guild when most of the people left because of the leaders 'strange' decisions and actions. I joined Eclipse, wich later was disbanded cuz of the lack of players, and most of the guild emigrated to other realm. Then i played in Omertá, till summer, when lot of people went on holiday, and players started to leave because the lack of raids and cancelled raids. The guild leader finally disbanded the guild. Played for Conflict a very short period, soon the guild was disbanded. I stoped playing wow for few months again. When i returned, found myself in several litte guilds, but they didnt fit my expectations. Spent more time in Damned Souls, but had conflict with some guy, finally i was removed to prevent further conflicts. Joined Theoria, little guild with good guys, but lack of skills. Left the guild on my own after having a chat with one of the officers, who had misread what i wrote, and her answer wasnt acceptable by me. Played for So far so good (here i did the cataclism hc-s with my hunter). Clearing the misundertanding between me and the officer in Theoria resulted me to play for them again. Guild leader in So far didnt liked that i played with my alt for another guild, he removed me. Theoria took me once again. Several conflicts in Theoria lead to my removal from the guild, but i played for them from outside of the guild, cuz i was in love with the officer i talked about before. We had an argue not so long ago, and i decided to break all connection with her. Now id like to return to serios raiding, some of the guilds were progessing well, but were socially retarded, and where the social life was good, the raiding was poor.

Why do you want to join Evil Eye and why should we pick you:
Not many guilds do 25 mans, i prefer 25 mans over 10. And the progress reflects that you are skilled players, from who i might learn and become more better while having fun clearing the hard mode content. I think im a jolly joker, can fit any role and i think i have talent for hard mode raiding. Patinence and discipline. Got no problems with many wipes trying on a new boss.

Do you know anyone in Evil Eye:
Maybe, im not sure. People might have changed names, main characters.
Tell us about yourself:
Im a student in one of the best universities in Hungary, and im leading the families company. Got no wife, no children, and ofc u can say no life:) I thing i have good humour, if sorrounded with normal people, i dont have any bad attitude. If i dont uderstand something, im asking, but expecting a fair answer, becouse i want to understand the reasons, and a 'just becouse' isnt an answer. Cannot accept emotional reasons in most of the cases, im a man of rationality. Im sticking to my oppinions till someone spots the weak point in my view, and i can be assured with good reasons.

Computer specifications:
4Gb ram, 480gb hdd, dc 2400 processor, saphiron hd5770 video card

Internet-connection:
100mb/s

How often do you speak on Ventrilo?
Depends on role. If im asked to call out something, i do. Not talking while bossfights, only exeptions might be normal farm bosses, when everyone is joking.

What is your FPS and Latency in combat?
Latency is between 40 and 50 ms. Fps: to tell the truth, i dunno. Since i got 60 in og, never checked in raids. At least 40-50 since never had video issues on any fights. All video settings are on max or near max.

Sorry for the mispellings and for any of the mistakes i made in the form. Thanks for reading my apply!

Matt

Last edited by lordhusee on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:02 pm
Hangaround

Post Re: Matt-The Jolly Joker
A LOT of this application was a wall of text, very hard to read.

I did read the app fully though, and the information you gave seems quite knowledgeable, if it was formatted properly it would look like a very clear and well written app (I bring this up because we have a lot of apps posted here which just arn't written very well, there's a preview section for a reason :P)

Other than that, the 3 Characters armories you linked, I really don't think we need, Ele shamans aren't the best DPS class in the game atm, and we already have a very active ele shaman, Again, we also have 3 very acctive hunters in the raid squad, aswell as 2 very active frost DK's(1 being myself) and a Very active blook DK who offspecs frost.

If you could link your Holy Paladins armory it might be considered because of something goingon with one of our Holy Palas atm, but you would have to talk to Zuluhed about that, I'm not an officer.

Other than that, Good Luck!

PS. I noticed your DK's DPS spec is Unholy, I would personally recommend switching to DW Frost if you want to get the best DPS out of him.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:08 pm
Hangaround

I'm sorry for the lack of formating, i was at my workplace.
Yesterday i was chatting with Zuluhead, he said an elem sham might be needed, and encouraged me to throw an apply. So i did.
I read few previous applies, saw that there was a declined holy paly, and there is now an open app aswell. So i dont think u would need my, and i prefer healing as shaman, im much more familiar with that + preforming better with that one. Healing with the paladin was a must, cuz of the lack of healers sometimes. Also i started to hate healing with pallie, becouse i was told how to heal with it, forced to use specific spells, then blamed cuz of failures. But i had to do as the rl said...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 pm
Hangaround

If Zulu said ele shaman could be needed, I dont see a problem.
But please, make the application a bit more readable =')

Goodluck.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:27 pm
Raider

Thommeh wrote:
Ele shamans aren't the best DPS class in the game atm

but its the best interupter!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:31 pm
Hangaround

Talic wrote:
Thommeh wrote:
Ele shamans aren't the best DPS class in the game atm

but its the best interupter!

I think the game aint about dps. If it was,then there were only one class, for every role, and thats all. I think every class has something to offer for a raid, where it can preform better then other classes. Maybe not the best dps, but very good interrupter, kiter, can cc, root, knock back, cast while running, etc :)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:46 pm
Hangaround

Patch 4.2 Hotfixes - July 26

Shamanism (Elemental passive) now causes Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst spells to gain an additional 32% benefit from the shaman’s spell power, up from 20%.

Seems blizz read the qq about elem shaman dps :)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am
Guild Master

it really isnt that bad for ele shamans. Best comparison fight in current content.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... al_Shaman/

All classes are in the range of 30-35k for the top players, with a few here and there in the classes going off the charts by 5-7k (probably getting good stuff from other players in quantities). With the buff, it should be quite alright.

But ye, im not sure what we would prefer, but what do you prefer playing? That kinda matters too.

"Oh, you hate your job?
Why didn't you say so?
There is a support group for that.
Its called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar."

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 pm
Hangaround

imo get him as ele shammy if he prefers that.

Xed plays alot but she doesn't get 100% attendence.

And that makes me not having to take demo*tard* spec just for the buff. (only on aoe fights)

8-)

gl with the apply though

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:30 pm
Hangaround

I prefer playing as elemental shaman, then comes the hunter, last the death knight as tank. But i would play any class u want me to play:)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:33 pm
Hangaround

go play warlock and bring me some competition :P

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 pm
Raider

Or even so we can have a warlock on a Thursday :P haha

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 pm
Hangaround

Well, got a warlock, but he is only 69 :) but if you give me 1-2 weeks, he will be fl ready :P

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:12 pm
Hangaround

Hello again!

Id like to share a picture of my ui and some raid report from todays Bh

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k48 ... 212135.jpg

My ui looks quite same during bossfights, exept for the floating texts of warnings,counters of abilities.

Good news for me, elem leggs droped, and purchased a ring from valor points.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 pm
Hangaround

Been doing rbg's with this guy whole evening and he's a really nice guy.
Totally forgot aswell we actually been in the same guild for a while :)

Wouldn't be bad to get him in, actually a nice player, even tho we had our disagreements in Omèrta.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next